3.23.2014

Moab Half Marathon and Arches

 We had such a fun time down in Moab with the Jackson crew.  It was beautiful, sunny weather and not too hot so perfect for hiking, although probably not a great idea to do a bunch of hikes the day before a big race.  But we had so much fun, we hope to make this a yearly tradition.



Carb loading at Pasta Jay's the night before

Checking out the booths at registration

The bus ride to the staring line.

Hanging out before the race.  This part was my favorite.  We were all excited, joking around and laughing.  We all loved this picture of Jeremy.
More goofiness, waiting for the start.  Isaac was up at the front with the professionals.

Hokas- take me to the finish line!

Waiting for the race to start.  It was freezing.  Lots of nervous energy down there.

And we're off!  Julie is probably somewhere on the side of the road scavenging through all the clothes people discarded on the side of the road.

Grant has excellent form in this picture.
He actually hardly trained for this race, but did awesome because, well ... he "works out."

Crossing the finish line.  The one good thing about being last to finish is that everyone already there cheering you on!

So spent and so happy it's over!



With our hard-earned medals!  Proof that none of us were picked up by the shuttle bus!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I planted my square foot garden full of peas, carrots and lettuce.  Then the next day, caught the kids playing in it like the sandbox so I have very low expectations for my garden this year.

Benjamin found this caterpillar and spent hours playing with it, taking it for rides on his truck and chatting away.

At Natalie's baby shower with sweetie pic Ezra.

On our hike to Bell's Canyon on Saturday, Jesse is SUPER DAD.

2 comments:

Carole Hansen said...

How fun Em! I wish I had more runners in my family:/ Maybe it would make me motivated to actually run. haha Looks super fun! I love Benji's worm:)

Martin said...

Congratulations, fun pictures.