12.09.2012

Christmas parties and Christmas goodies

Liz threw a fabulous "favorite things" party for our friends.
I brought my favorite Downy Unstoppables which makes your laundry smell so good and Dove body spray which makes me smell good.  

Dear dear friends for life.

So this is really gross.  I got out our sugar from food storage and a spider had gotten inside.  When Jess scooped it out, its web came with it, all covered in sugar.  Weirdy!

"See Dad, this is how you do it."
"Now you get to work while I get a snack."

Grammie likes to buy ridiculously expensive Christmas decorations for us.  This year it's a giant train set.  Benjamin is enamored.  It whistles and blows smoke and has several cars and (don't tell Benj) is for children 14 and up.  This is going to provide many hours of entertainment for this season and many to come.



The Thackerays invited us over for dinner.  Benj loved the madness of so many fun friends to play with.

Maddie got a new Christmas dress.  I could just eat her up!


Snuggled up with Grandma Janet at Sunday dinner.


Getting our holiday baking underway.  I started out with the easy stuff.  Toffee, Swedish butter cookies, caramels, divinity and peanut brittle are still on the list.

3 comments:

Dan and Liz said...

That dress on Maddie. SO adorable!! And you did pretzels, yay!

Alan said...

Spider=wow.

Elder and Sister Craven said...

What a great train, and loved seeing Benj, supervising. I empathize with Jesse - Road race sets are equally frustrating to keep in one piece and running. Merry Christmas!