11.10.2013

jesse is 31

Freeeeezing as we cheer on cousin Josh at his soccer game.
Super sneak peak.  Took my kids to Busath for a photo shoot this week.  Get excited!
Look what a talented Daddy we have!  Giving Maddie a blow out.

All handsome in his finery at Baden's wedding reception.

Jesse's best friend and his beautiful bride.


We've had beautiful weather for November lately!  My kids love the playground at the school.  So great to have within a short walking distance.


He was so proud to figure out this ladder.  He kept telling me "I'm a big boy!"


Jesse turned 31 today!  We celebrated by going shopping for new shoes and out to lunch with no kids on Saturday.  (Yay!)  And had a fun date night at the movies.  We had dinner and birthday cake with the Jackson fam today.  As you can tell by this picture, Jesse is pretty dang excited about turning 31.

Tried something new for the cake this year.  Benjamin was the most excited.  It looks like it is full of M & M's, but there is cake inside.


What's new this week?  Let's see.  Benjamin has started a new scheme for getting out of things he doesn't want to do.  Whenever he doesn't want to do something he says, "My legs are broken!"  Tonight after reading books together, he wanted Dad to read one more and Jesse said, "You can read it by yourself," so Benj replied, "My legs are broken."  Jesse explained that you just need your eyes to read, not your legs, which Benjamin did not try to argue.  He is now saving up his money for a "Rescue Squad Mater" which is from Mater's Tall Tales when Mater is a fire engine, although this is a toy that I do not believe exists as I have searched for it on the internet.  Even so, he has his little jar of coins and is a very hard worker.  This week he scrubbed the kitchen chairs clean, vacuumed, and picked up lots of toys, each time earning a few coins.

Had my most embarrassing moment ever at Costco last week.  I just had Maddie with me, and for some reason (most likely extreme hunger mixed with fatigue), she LOST IT.  I took her out of the cart and she went nuts, clawing my face, pulling my hair and screaming.  Out of control.  Let me tell you, people were staring.  I was not about to abandon my cart full of items, so we went straight for the toy aisle, which thankfully did the trick.

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Craven said...

Did you have medics standing by after serving the cake? Looked powerful good!
Xox. Dad